UMM ALHOUL POWER
Umm Al Houl Power (UHP) is an independent water and power plant (IWPP), established to energize Qatar growth with capacity of 2,520 MW of power and 136.5 MIGD of potable water. The production capacity making UHP considers as one of the largest plant in the State of Qatar and Middle East, in the field of power generation and seawater desalination. Thus, UHP Company meets the Qatar National Vision 2030 (QNV2030), by cover the needs of Qatar with 30% of electricity and 40% of water.
The company has established as a Joint Venture Company (JVC) with the shareholders of local companies, which are Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC) has 60% that owns the highest percentage, whereas Qatar Foundation owns 5%, likewise Qatar Petroleum (QP) owns 5%. The foreign company is the K1 energy owns 30%, it’s an integration of two Japanese investors companies which are Mitsubishi Corporation and Jera, they own 20% and 10% respectively.
In May 2015, The EPC contract was awarded to Mitsubishi Corporation, with main contractors being Samsung C&T from Korea and Hitachi Zosen from Japan, who are internationally recognized in field of energy. The project duration was 39 months, started in May 2015 and completed in June 2018. The inauguration ceremony held in the presence of his highness Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Althani and the prime minister Sheikh Abdulla Bin Nasser Althani in March 2019.
Umm Al Houl Power plant yielding significant benefits to secure the power and water for Qatar, as well as to ensure prosperous future for Qatar and the infrastructure.
Message From Chairman
Making the Future Come True.
On behalf of everyone at Umm Al Houl Power Company (UHP), I welcome you to our official website. I hope that it meets your expectations and allows you to discover more about UHP power plant as well as its vision and culture.
We are all challenged in the business world. It is the constant challenge for success, but now we live a decisive moment. Climate change, population growth, shifting geopolitical balances and the threat of new diseases like the recent outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has made even more complex today’s scenario.
Sustainability, Safety and Efficiency are UHP driving forces to tackle these challenges. Since its creation in 2015, UHP puts sustainability at the center of the value chain with the mission of making people's lives better through the production of potable water and electricity according to the highest applicable standards of efficiency, environment and, above all, safety. Because the safety of our employees always comes first, and with the recent health crisis we have had the opportunity to prove it. UHP has acted with determination, taking the necessary steps to protect its employees and ensure the business continuity.
UHP vision is to create value in the communities and to contribute to innovation and sustainable economic growth and this is what we will be striving to achieve for years to come. At the same time, we look forward to the future and all the exciting business opportunities and challenges that it might bring. That is why we put our passion, knowledge, and experience at the service of the people of our country through our Qatarization Programs, aimed to encourage Qataris to grow and contribute their full value to the development of our Nation from a strategic and essential sector such as energy.
We wish to contribute to a world in which energy is always at the service of the community to drive development, growth, and a higher quality of life for all.
Of course, this would never be possible without the guidance and leadership of H.H The Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani and without the constant dedication and collaboration of all UHP staff members.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the UHP website
Fahad Hamad Al-Mohannadi
Chairman of the Board
Message From CEO
Welcome to Umm Al Houl Power Company
The State of Qatar is on the sustainable development trajectory under the prolific leadership of H.H The Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
We do our bit.
Umm Al Houl Power (UHP) has been created under the government’s Qatar National Vision 2030, contributes its share in bolstering Qatar’s economy with a $2.5 billion power plant with a capacity to produce 2.5 GW of electricity and 136 million gallons of drinking water a day to 2.5 million of homes, which represents a real milestone in the world of desalination. Our Power Plant will help to increase electricity and water output by 22% and 25% respectively. Our Power Plant
We provide service with a human touch.
Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environment are our highest operational priorities at UHP, which demonstrated by our continuous compliance to all the applicable regulations set by various Government entities and international standards.
All this is possible for one simple reason—we have great people. They are experts in their fields and they bring passion, pride, and experience together.
We want to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
We are managing and operating one of the largest projects in the Middle East region and nationalization is also our priority.
Our objective is to recruit, train, develop and retain quality and competent Nationals in a challenging and learning environment to assume permanent positions in our Company, paying special attention to the development of our young people.
Our objective is to majorly contribute towards human development through the promotion of education, training, and research.
We live out our values.
UHP culture is defined by a simple set of corporate values – Safety as a Priority, Integrity & Commitment, Teamwork, Responsibility & Efficiency, Social Responsibility, Innovation & Continuous Improvement. Living our corporate values is another of our objectives, to ensure every individual felt heard and part of our Team.
We are committed to energizing Qatar's economic growth that will collaboratively lead to a prosperous future. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn, innovate, challenge yourself and work in a stimulating environment, UHP is the right place for you.
Chief Executive Officer
Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Jamal Ali Al Khalaf
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operation Officer
- To be the leading power generation and water desalination co in the state of Qatar. By providing reliable, clean, affordable and innovative energy.
- Make people's lives better by providing electricity and potable water in accordance with the applicable standards of various government entities with aim to ensure a sustainable and reliable production. In addition, conservation of an efficient, high quality, and environmental friendly operations in order to achieve Qatar’s National Vision 2030.
- Safety as a priority: We promote safe behaviors and act proactively to provide the safest work environment.
- Integrity & Commitment: We maintain principles of transparency, honesty, trust, and being committed to ensure the reliability of our assets and operations towards all stakeholders.
- Teamwork: We are committed to build an encouraging, caring, and supporting environment. We share a responsibility to achieve excellence in everything we do “long run sustainable success comes with working collaboratively.”
- Responsibility & Efficiency: We work smart, take responsibility and always aim to exceed expectations.
- Social Responsibility: We are committed to operating in a social responsibility manner, caring for the environment, and focus on creating value for the world.
- Innovation and continuous improvement: We always strive to solve problems, make improvements, and constantly seek personal & professional growth.
- Resilience: We believe in success all the time as well as maintain resilience during the challenging encounter; as every attempt takes us closer to success. We have the ability to bounce back, refocus with determination.
- QHSSE (Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environment): Our production process and operations shall be safe and in accordance with the acceptable standards to secure business objectives.
- Guarantee the Future: Provide electricity and water in a safe, reliable and cost effective manner to meet current and future needs
- Deliver value to the Stakeholders: Provide economic benefits to shareholders, communities and the State of Qatar
- Care for People: Provide a safe, wellness, fair, respectful, diverse and healthy workplace for our employees and contractors
- Qatarization: Recruit, train, develop and retain quality and competent Nationals to assume permanent positions in our Company
- Sustainable Development: Minimize the adverse environmental impacts of our facility operations and businesses
- Talent Management: Recruit, train, develop and retain quality and competent staff to assume permanent positions in our Company
- Solid & Reliable Business Process: Implement Solid and Reliable Systems & Business Processes